About the Author
Minerva Thai“Eat My Words”
Minerva Thai publishes Much Ado About Fooding (MAAF) as a potluck of original recipes, chef interviews, restaurant news, and unique looks at food & drink. She loves seeing how simple ingredients mixed in certain ways can create wonderful dishes and delving into the culture behind a cuisine. Ultimately, food is about the story it tells.
MAAF was named an "OC Blog That Rocks" by the Orange County Restaurant Association and nominated Best Blog in OC Weekly's Best Of 2013 and Best of 2014. Minerva was also nominated for Best Food Writer at the 2013 Golden Foodie Awards and won multiple awards at the OC Fair 2013 and 2014 including "Division Winner" for her Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe, Dolmades (Stuffed Grape Leaves) recipe, Matador Cantina review, and saffron educational article. She was featured in an interview by Scratchhouse about her interest in food.
Minerva has also contributed to LOCALE and WHERE magazines and is open to additional editorial opportunities.
- JANUARY 2014 - "Starting from Scratch: Sushi Edition - From Fin to Finish" (LOCALE Magazine - OC)
- APRIL 2014 - "A Bunch of Brunch Musts: Hoist Your Mimosas to our Orange County Brunch Guide" (LOCALE Magazine - OC)
- MAY 2014 - "Meals Deconstructed - Chop. Chop. Piecing Together One of Our Favorite Salads at Pitfire Pizza" (LOCALE Magazine - LA)
- 5/15/14 - "Top Five Places to Dine for Brunch in OC" (LOCALE Magazine - Online)
- 5/25/14 - "Piecing Together One of Our Favorite Salads at Pitfire Pizza" (LOCALE Magazine - Online)
- 6/10/14 - "Okura Grill & Sushi: Get To Know The Sushi And The Chef" (LOCALE Magazine - Online)
- 6/12/14 - "H2O Sushi & Izakaya: Sushi Pick of the Day" (LOCALE Magazine - Online)
- JULY 2014 - "Meals Deconstructed - Chop. Chop. Piecing Together One of Our Favorite Salads at Pitfire Pizza" (LOCALE Magazine - OC)
- 11/22/14 - "The Only Orange County Brunch Guide You'll Need" (LOCALE Magazine - Online)
- SPRING 2016 - "Flour + Eggs + Love" (WHERE Magazine - OC)
Ðuc Duong“More Food Per Pixel”
Ðuc Duong is a photographer based in Austin, TX (began in southern California). The bulk of his commercial work has been from capturing weddings and special events but if you boil it down, it is simply about portraiture. He photographs people because of their stories - stories of beginnings, love for another, passions and lessons learned. His approach to photography is simple and organic. Natural elegance is what he aims for in all of his work, and experience in film and digital photography has helped capture that. Other than portraiture, he has had work in the wine industry and enjoys how wine accentuates different foods for any occasion.
Ðuc has also photographed for and contributed to multiple publications such as Riviera, LOCALE, Orange Coast Magazine, Laguna Beach Magazine, CBS Local, OC Weekly, LA Wonders, and Zagat. He is open to additional opportunities to working with you on your business photography needs; view more of his work at www.duc-duong.com.